Thursday, June 23, 2022

Leave no letter unloved

No poem is a simple thing

All those

S             p             a             c             e             s            

Adolescent letters overcompensate

“Let’s say nothing about…(ssssh) punctuation

I remember

The first time with cummings”

“No capitals – that’s so low born”

I remember

A friend made

Lived

And gone

Nothing but blue skies from now on


The perilous beauty

(really haze pollution)

Dostyovski

I stole that book –

Paid the library back

Cause I couldn’t

Imagine a world

Where you could own such a precious symphony of humanness.

You comforted me in a moment of loss.

 

This should be another poem

Okri

Whitehead

You are branded

Underneath

Ink

Letters

Promises

My blood part

Now made

A love affair while musiced by Dylan

Close enough to touch

I should have said yes

 

Too many lifetimes

Seasons

Spent enthralled

-        I love those CHAV boys

Their play grounds are concrete

But they know their places.


Too many too remember

All those “angry women”

“others”

Too tired to coat the truth.

I knew they were bad for me

Fuck – “girls just wanna…”

 

Dim lights – change set

 

You got me banned,

A technicality – an enemy officer

I remember that night like a movie

You were there

Calming frightened boys

As your homeland

Burned.

I watched you lie

Once you met us

When you heard about a place

Where the colour of your skin

Didn’t target you for death.

You made that lie real

“Next time sleep NATO”

 

I meet the [REDACTED]

“Do you have terrorist affiliations?

My “What’s your time frame?”

Wrong answer

Cause I got blood

From lots of places/times

Where folks like us

Were punished

Wrong side of that battle.

500 lbs of rope to kill a man?

What civil servant procured?

Is there a form for that?

Did Louie himself

Fill out forms?

 

More letters

I even judged the letters – scrabble whores

“X, Y, Z”

Pervert

No family

Forever alone

Values printed on their faces

““Q” can be a real thrill”

-        On stage reveal –

Leave no letter unloved

Cause

Your story

Your truth

You

All medicines to the circle

 

Pehiw Wandering 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment