Thursday, February 9, 2023

Bear Medicine: a strategy of hope

I searched strategy
Offered Semah
Expected community
Like to like
A moment shared
As journeys intersect
I felt pupil
Ever as stooooooooopid
As school engraved
I felt scarcity
Ever a consumer
Or worthless
I felt separate
Ever alone
Not perfect
I felt fear
Ever broken

I searched strategy
[lost sight of Bear]
Bush thick
But after days
Found roots
Bear medicines

I remembered
Bravery
How we try
Change
Fail
Learn

I remembered
Community
How we support
Care
Share
Build and trust

I remembered ALL
Decolonizing
How we grow
With every person
Every story matters

I remembered seed
We plan
We water
We matter
Even
When others harvest
No I lost in we

I remembered
We ceremony
Different medicines
Circle directions
Many lands
But one in respect

I remembered abundance*
Joyful struggle
Safer places
Gardens to architect
Teachings to come
Hope

Strategy
Elder teachings**
If it feels good
Bares healthy fruit
Grow it
Imperfect?
Time will refine
Scarcity?
Enter the garden of Bear

Work in abundance
Heal in abundance
Feast in abundance
A strategy of hope***

Pehiw – Wandering 2022
*with humble thanks to P and M and K for their thinking on this

No comments:

Post a Comment