Friday, January 19, 2024

Ministry of…Changes it’s name!

Circle tongues
Fill face different
Operating manuel?
Grandparents teachings!
Apprenticeships?
Soil!
Who?
You
Me
Bigs
Littles
Numbers
Words
Fasts
Slows.
All.
Bear Sky maps
Each new light
Clarifies patterns
Connections
Truths.

We women
Caucaused
Corner tower
Power street
Ministry
Of
C-I-T-I-Z-E-N-S-H-I-P
And
I-M-M-G-R-A-T-I-O-N
Under posters
Exhorting
Possibilities
On First Peoples’ Land.
I call you sisters.
We understand heart languages.
You help me see.
You show me
Precious moments
From your eyes.
Still three
I foresee
Another will join
To hold each direction
To speak such truths
Their beauty makes us gasp
Such griefs
We each transform
Rainbow dances as I write
Remember
Breathe

Ministry of…Changes it’s name!
Mines
Rock people
Healths
Sick people
Security
Risk people
Economy
Backward people.
Too much!
Too little!
Too many darks!
Too many lights!

ENOUGH!

Owl
Looks back
To keep watch

Owl
Knows
Keen eyes
Are needed.

Owl
Questions
Communicates with others
In songs made of night.

Who?
The geometric
Diamond strong
Lights
That are we.

Akihcikewin Maskwa (Data Bear) Hibernation 20203
This is for my circle peoples especially AK and IK. As I was writing this poem three birds joined me. Ninanaskomowin to the Feather relations.

No comments:

Post a Comment