Monday, April 3, 2017

Reflections Part 4

I had a look at my postings in May 2015 and wanted to share my highlights


  • I wrote about "Halfbreed" by Maria Campbell and the different ideas of work in different cultures.  I was reminded that I need to finish this book, but I am also struck that we continue to be challenged by this idea of what is work as we are homeschooling.  Often the teachings that seem to be the best are the ones where we are not "doing school work" but just hanging out or walking.  I am having trouble totally letting go of my ideas about learning and trusting that these informal way will get us through, but I am working on it.
  • I was very proud to finish Sophie's first moon time dress.  I learned a lot about the history of these dresses and their construction by creating this dress and felt very close to all the women before me making dresses for their children.
  • I worked to learn a lesson from salmon eggs which I was happy to be reminded of.
  • I still struggle with the balance between creative disorder and mess.  We spent yesterday afternoon in the sun making a fake river for fairies and did not do any housework.  This balance or lack of is always on my mind.  On the other hand, here we are, two years later, still alive despite all the dishes that didn't get done on the right time table.  Balance is a lesson I need to keep learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment