Friday, July 29, 2022

A half and half and half prophet

Again
A half and half and half prophet*
Delivers a message
Between sips of latte
Maybe
That’s why
My book is full of serious words
Underlined
Repeated page over page
“tourism”
“Nose”
“J-beaver”
These stories I don’t know yet
Sent sentries
To warn of knowledge to come.

Tatawa
We connect
An Uber ride
A cafe
A tv show that tells your truths
More right
Than any my tongue could carry.
A woman empowered
Life of exquisite fullness
Mind and/or body
To child or not
All paths valid
To destroy the worlds of man
or
Raise economies of care
To explore
Space and ocean
Now and tomorrow
To revel in body
Light of dark

That 43 minutes showed
Why you can’t ever love me
I transformed a 9 tail fox
That other me
Only you carry that
Never meant to be

I can’t stay grave
With possibility denied
I am a new thing
A half and half and half
Receiver of messages
Explorer of possibilities.

Pehiw – Wandering 2022

* The Virtual Museum of Métis History and Culture (metismuseum.ca)

No comments:

Post a Comment