Monday, July 18, 2022

I extrapolate the harm

Patterns
I extrapolate the harm
My data
Refined
Longitudinal
The model
A beauty
Rivaling Helen of Troy?
Is a demi-Helen
The new math we need?*

What is the measure of harm?
You know your units
Shame
Paths untried
Eyes not met

When do I become complicit?
When I did math with hope?

You wondered why more Indigenous folk
Don’t do higher level 
academy MATH

Cause they know maths/numbers/sacred geometries
You don’t know exist.
Who needs who?

And cause
We got babies to feed
Dying to care for
Ceremony to do –
Sacred math
Circle
Rocks in small hands
In those generations
Sunk deep in bones.

Pehiw Wandering 2022

* 1986 McCloskey, D.N. The Rhetoric of Economics, University of Wisconsin Press; 2nd ed. (1998) ISBN 0-299-15814-4 (First ed. written as Donald McCloskey2nd ed. preview.

No comments:

Post a Comment