Friday, July 29, 2022

For all the times...

“I wish I could make it so you could see yourself…I am full to the head of unsayable things I don’t want to forget” Lyric from Unison by Gang of Youths

You seduced us
Brought us to ceremony
Sent us off
To move as we must
To treat each other well
The front row
Forehead to forehead
You told
(y)our/all truths

Sometimes
The lies kept us safe
Encased in “passing bodies”
No stories!
Who am I?
Book sinner
Stoooooopid
-if you are always wrong – why not win on speed?

This poem wants…

“The call them the milleniuums”
Another generation bears scars on gentle skin
Literally my kids
Catholic school –
Well I got bruises
“parental contact discouraged”
So I made one last call
And my kid left school at 14
Just like their Mooshum
A Métis man “in care” from 3

All the times you unticked that box (Métis)
When you told us
Child services – they got some good #%@)#
FUCK YOU!
Head Dr
Where my suit
Name tag
Nice shoes
Meant my kid got help 
– that time

“Health care” that leaves us dead
Scared to call for help
When I screamed in pain
The nurse looked away
Until later
When she asked again
“How much do you drink?”

Gotta reclaim
Cause I want to live in that moment of ceremony
Not the lies or pain
Alive in that moment of art life truth
Unafraid of those unsayable things

Pehiw – Wandering 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment