Tuesday, July 5, 2022

To you who feed us

Thank you
To all of you who feed me
Coffees in hand
As we dream (im)possible things
I hope one day
Each of you see
You were fueling
So many firsts
So many hard conversations.
Your food a benediction
As we grow
And re-re-remember
As we prepare to go home.

I see you
Woven deep
Into our sashes
Our blankets
Our minds.

You have fueled budgets
And innovations
And trusts
You feed our Elders
You feed our futures
Those people
We prepare
A journey to far for one generation.
So many firsts
So many moments
I never thought to see
So many treasures
I never could imagined
So many paths opening,

So know
You are in every circle
In every doughnut eaten for a past one
In everything we right/write
Ninanaskomowin (A thank you in ceremony)

I am honoured to share this journey with you.

Pehiw Wandering 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment