Monday, May 9, 2016

Exploring

Charles Fréger From the series Wilder Mann Boes

I was exploring youtube last night and came across a couple of things to share.  The first is "Song of Survival" by Red Eagle.  I didn't love his style of music, but the lyrics were pretty awesome.  On the related video links I found Woodkid's song "Run Boy Run".  He is a French cinematographer and musician.  His videos are all beautiful and odd.  He is apparently a neo-folk artist which is a movement to reclaim local beliefs.  This was pretty obvious from the creatures in this video who are pagan wood spirits.  Before I began to accept my Métis heritage I had been doing lots of research on the pre-Christianized traditions of my European ancestors.  Some of the parallels between those cultures and indigenous culture are very interesting.

  





No comments:

Post a Comment