Monday, November 9, 2015

Unreasonable men and making stuff

This weekend we focused on making stuff.  Runa designed this creeper and I helped to sew it.  Sorry about the dark picture.  It is great to see her designing things and working to have them come to fruition.  She also made a refrigerator for her barbies and food out of sparkle paper.  It seemed like a likely diet for Barbie.  On Sunday she worked on crocheting bracelets for everyone.

In addition to the creeper I created a solstice count down calendar.  Each week is a different relation.  Week 1 is rocks and water, Week 2 is plants and Week 3 is animals.  For each day I am collecting a little item that can be placed in to show the progress towards the solstice day.  I have been meaning to make this for some time so I am very happy to have it finished.  I was very pleased about how the yarn made such nice looking grass.

We also had a nice walk to the park with a picnic after Sophie had a panic.  I was great to be out and crunch through the leaves.  I collected sticks as I want to find a better way to display the ancestors for celebrations.  I quite liked this idea using the sticks to create a boarder.
branch pic holder, what a great way to add nature into the classroom, can change out kid's creative art work, or pictures:
Link



“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”
George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman


No comments:

Post a Comment