Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Marie Condo - taking inspirations


While not indian, I found Marie Kondo's book "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying up"  was a great meditation on the place of stuff in our lives and what we choose to surround ourselves with.  Her key question is "does this item give you joy?".  This really helped me to sort through alot of stuff and let it go.  She speaks to letting go of the guilt that is often associated with things.  Maybe you feel stupid that you spent so much money for it but never used it or that it was given to you by a relative.  She says to let it go if it does not give you joy to look at it.   I found this question also helped me to focus on those things that do give me joy and to remember to see them more often.  I also found her perspective on guilt very eye opening having been sternly schooled in St Paul, letting go seems wrong.  All a part of rethinking all the corners of my life.  This was a short read and would work well over a free weekend where you have time to put your inspiration into action.


No comments:

Post a Comment