Monday, March 23, 2015

Sometimes stuff goes wrong and it is ok

On our trip to the art gallery yesterday I created this majestic buffalo.  R helped draw the face and S made rude comments about my creation and my lack of skills. 

I didn't draw for many years because I wasn't good at it.  So many people in my family were good at it so that it seemed pointless to try.  But I like to draw and I am an economist so I don't need to reley on my skills in this area for money so it really doesn't matter if it is good.  I can draw because I like too.  Sometimes my creations turn out ok and sometimes not, but either way I can enjoy the time with my girls sitting and creating together.  I also try to use these times as teachings about how we treat others less skilled than us and how we treat our own creations.

Maybe you are not the best at something, but if you enjoy doing it, do it.  Don't let the failures hold you back. Sometimes stuff won't work and that is ok.  Enjoy it for it's wrongness.  Give it a red bow and a martini and make even your wrongs fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment