Friday, March 6, 2015

Taking Time - Drag Queen and Cool Moms

Lots of nights I come home tired and in my mind I do all kinds of "good mom" stuff, while in reality I just sit with them and watch them jump.  Last night R wanted a dance party and we took turns choosing our favourite songs and dancing.  It was good.  So simple, but so good to come together, share what we like and move our bodies.  It was good to be together.  Apparently J has "terrible taste in music" while I got through as a "cool mom" cause I know the same songs they do.

We also started watching Season 7 of RuPaul's drag queens.  There were a lot of shady ladies there.  An interesting cast with a number of bigger/fierce ladies and an indian.  They had to do a naked runway, which did not seem fair for the fierce ladies.  But as Mother Ru always says "you are born naked and the rest is drag."  As usual, I am inspired to be more fabulous myself after watching that.  So much of the wonderful word play goes over the girls heads, but we have great conversations about life after an episode.

My musical pick for this Friday is Erik Satie "Gnossienne" which seems a good song for the hope of spring and a full grandmother moon.

The cedar bark basket decorated with coloured wood was my picture to Joel last winter solstice.  I tried to buy native last year and found so many wonderful gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment