Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Making things Wednesday - Rocks









I have previously shared my rock woes as well as rock frustrations.  I had been thinking about what to do with this post, but was too tired to get things together to do a craft and in the way of such things, last night Runa decided that we needed to paint rocks and got us corralled together. 

This activity was a good meditation.  We really tool time and looked at the rocks, enjoying the directions of the breaks, the rough and the smooth.  It was interesting to watch how the paint colors changed depending on the type of rock and its surface.  As it was a simple activity there was lots of space to talk and be silent together.  We just used acrylic paints and I will cover them with something water proof so they will last longer.  We also had fun finding places for the rocks to live after we were done.

These days are also good reminders to me that while I like to imagine myself as one of those moms with the perfectly planned out crafts, sometimes spontaneous is good and my kids really don't care if it is perfect as long as we are doing something together.

No comments:

Post a Comment