Friday, December 4, 2015

Day Three of Solstice Count Down

the netherlands st nichlas day | morning sun rae: our first st nicholas day:
Link
We had a quiet evening in terms of Solstice as Runa and I went to a women's drumming circle.  Runa loved the singing and "dancing" (very gentle swaying) and spent most of the evening spinning on her office chair and hiding under the table.  It was very good to spend time with other women and I enjoyed the drumming and learning new songs.  It is strange how this safe place made my own internal judging seem so very clearer in contrast.  I appreciated being in a space that was accommodating to Runa even thought it was an adult space.  It was good for her to have that experience of being in a space but not part of it and could try new things.  She is very keep to go again.

This weekend will be a busy one as we prepare for St Nicholas to fill our shoes and the start of Hanukah.  It is a good busy with lots of things to work on but no set deadlines or commitments.  Since it is warm I would also like to try some of the outdoor activities I had hoped to do like a scavenger or treasure hunt.  Given how this week started I am very glad to have some quiet cozy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment