Monday, June 22, 2015

Powwow 2015


We were off to powwow this weekend.  The children got their bouncy castle and trampoline fix.  It was so great to be there and watch all the happy people.  The children in their regalia were lovely and everyone looked great.  Someone even had some very find spiderman regalia from Native Bebe.  Ran into some folks that we knew and ate fry bread and strawberries and just hung out.  We learned about fish scale art and birch biting.  The highlight for me was watching the girls find other children and start exploring the animal burrows they found and jump out of trees.  It is still a real blessing to see Sophie doing these normal things.


We continued to celebrate the solstice over the weekend with a two trips to the park and a picnic to honor the ancestors.  We made a house for Runa's OOkpic and I organized my teaching things for this summer.  I have put all my materials into categories so that they are easy to pull out to develop lesson plans.  I am really please to have found a lot of activities that they can do outside and related to the metis teachings.  What are your plans for the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment