I started these vamps for Sophie in April when we went to Vancouver and I wanted a small project to bring with me. She wanted a phoenix and it seems like good imagery for her coming from her place of anxiety and having to rebuild herself time and time again. I really enjoyed working with these colors. The first picture is the vamp partly sewn into the moccasin. The second it the other vamp which I finished and will post shortly. Rather than try to get these identical I made them to be a pair rather than the same bird. Now I am trying decide what I want to work on next.
Almost finished Phoenix moccasin by Métis in the City